INGREDIENTS FOR BISCUITS
- 4 c. White Lily self rising flour
- ¾ c. Lard
- 1 ½ c. Milk
- 4 tbsp. (OR ¼ c.) Sugar
- Vegetable oil spray
- Set oven to 400°
- Mix flour and lard together with a pastry blender (or fork) until the fat is worked in and the mixture is a coarse crumb consistency.
- Add sugar and stir in milk to make soft dough. Allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet sprayed with vegetable oil spray
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately with soft, sweet butter.
Executive Chef, Tenney Flynn, Spearheads the G.U.L.F. Program's Chef Council
Audubon Nature Institute, one of the country’s foremost advocates of Zoo, Aquarium, Insectarium, and Nature Center exploration...
IN CELEBRATION OF THE EAT LOCAL CHALLENGE, GW FINS WILL HOST "TRASH FISH DINNER"
Click here to make a reservation
Just about everyone in New Orleans has enjoyed shrimp, oysters, crawfish, redfish and trout...
The shuckin' and jivin' is about to begin! The beloved New Orleans Oyster Festival takes place this weekend, May 31st and June 1st, along the river at Woldenberg Park. This festival is all about showcasing the various ways...